This website and its content are copyright of Cunningham-Silk - © 2021 Cunningham-Silk.com. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Data we collect
Cunningham-Silk collects the following data:
2. When we request information relating to a family tree we will ask for the following personal identification information:
a. Name of relatives
b. Maiden name
c. Last known address
d. Date of vital records such as date of birth, marriage and death.
e. Information about vital records such as place of birth, marriage or death.
f. Relationship to the deceased
We will collect your personal identification information from:
1. You when you volunteer the information verbally, such as an in person, through virtual meeting or over the telephone, or in writing such as a letter, email, or website enquiry form.
2. Genealogy websites to assist in the process of identifying potential heirs.
3. Publicly available sources such as the electoral register, BT phone book and/or the registers for births, marriages, and civil partnerships.
You directly provide Cunningham-Silk with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when:
1. You contact us about an estate
2. You confirm and verify your identity
3. We process your claim to an estate
4. Information is required in order for us to complete our contractual obligation to beneficiaries.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
How will we use your data?
Cunningham-Silk collects your data so that we can:
When Cunningham-Silk processes your order/claim, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases/claims. We may also share your personal data to identify and communicate with beneficiaries, when instructing legal firms or executors and/or any other third party that is required when carrying out our contractual duties.
How do we store your data?
Cunningham-Silk securely stores your personal data on our systems whereby a two-system login is required in order to access information. Upon the completion of a contract and the distribution of an estate, personal information regarding living persons will be destroyed accordingly however, due to the nature of genealogical research and its historical value we reserve the right to retain completed research records, such as family trees and certificates, permanently in our archives. Family trees are provided to all beneficiaries of an estate however, details of non-entitled spouses and/or living children of beneficiaries as well as contact details of beneficiaries, will be removed prior to this.
What are your data protection rights?
Cunningham-Silk would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
· The right to access: You have the right to request Cunningham-Silk for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
· The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Cunningham-Silk correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
· The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Cunningham-Silk erase your personal data, under certain conditions
· The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Cunningham-Silk restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
· The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Cunningham-Silk processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
· The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Cunningham-Silk transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
For more information on your rights under the GDPR see https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
Call us at: 01843 598 690
Or write to us: Cunningham-Silk Inheritance & Probate Specialists
Marlowe Innovation Centre
Kent CT12 6FA
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information about cookies, visit All About Cookies.
Our website uses the following cookies:
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the Cunningham-Silk website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Who to contact
How to contact us
Email us at: info@cunningham-silk-.
Call us: 01843 598 690
Or write to us at: Cunningham-Silk Inheritance & Probate Specialists
Marlowe Innovation Centre
Kent CT12 6FA
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Cunningham-Silk has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Telephone: 0303 123 113
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office